Friday 21 November 2014

ATHENS GREECE 2014



12 november 2014, i left rome and continue on my journey to ATHENS, GREECE. I spent 4 days 3 nights in ATHENS. It was great.

1) ACCOMODATION ATHENS

 I booked my 3 nights stay with PELLA INN HOSTEL (you may search it through google) with total amount of 41 EUROS for a 4 bed mix dorm, share bathroom. It was located 2 mins walk from metro MONASTIRAKI, which is the center of athens.

Room and bathroom are both clean, im in a same room with 2 girls from POLAND and a guy from UNITED STATES. We all hang along pretty well and we even hang out for pubs and we had massive fun and jokes.

My room in pella in hostel
My lovely roommates. 

The view from our room balcony: ACROPOLIS



2) SITES

In athens, you can buy the 12 euros tickets which allows you to visit the sites stated below, it is a great deal.

HADRIAN'S LIBRARY
ROMAN AGORA
KERAMIKOS
ACROPOLIS
TEMPLE OF OLYMPIA ZEUS
DIONISOS ANCIENT THEATRE
KERAMIKOS MUSEUM

I did not went to all, so i pick the one i want to see. You will definetly dont wan to miss ACROPOLIS, which is located on the top of the hikk where you get good view of athens.






3) TRANSPORTATION

You can basically go everywhere by foot, and i prefer this way as you get to see more and explore more. But for your information, a train ticket to the airport do cost 8 euro one way.

4) FOOD

The traditional food includes gyros, mousaka, fried cheese, feta cheese, egg plant, etc.
I only managed to eat gyros most of my time in athens as it is really cheap. Yogurt is quite famous in greece as well, but i am not a yogurt person so i skipped it. Other than that, for beer, i personally love the local beer named : SOL. :)

Graffitis are everywhere in athens and i personally love it a lot as i love street art. 







There is not much for me to share about athens, but i do love athens. I prefer to be in a less crowded city and people in greece are very friendly and most of them speak english. 

I left athens and fly to santorinj with AEGEAN AIRLINE on 15 NOVEMBER 2014 and spent my last 5 days there peacefully. Ill blog about it next :)


No comments:

Post a Comment