Saturday 5 December 2015

Travel, changes me, it will to you too.....


"Travel", it brings up a lot of different perspective on different people. People judge too quickly when they realize that you travel much more than they do, or a normal person would do. Often, wanderlust, are being judged :
  • Rich
  • Plenty of time
  • No burdens
In fact, all aren't true. I was once in the shoe of thinking how everyone thinks, but when I try, I try to understand and listen to stories from others, it changes me, it brings me towards a world that you would only understand if you blend in. Travel aka wanderlust characteristic, changes me, and it will change you too, only if you believe. If you had the chances, go for it, no matter in a group, or in solo, just the matter of - Now or Never.
1. Try something that is out of your comfort zone
Is either NOW or NEVER. I live up to the word of YOLO (You Only Live Once) slogan. Why hiding yourself in a comfort zone and never ever wanted to try to explore what is outside? We share the same world, the same universe, but it is still so different, in terms of living and cultures. Get out, see for yourself, what is out there. Experience the different culture. The more you see, the more you experience, the more you be able to grow. You start to understand the different stories of different people. You start to understand, how rich or poor each individual or countries is. Learning-process, you never stop learning.
2. Discovering a brand new you
The more you travel, especially when you do it alone, the more you discover about yourself and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME. Why?! You , yourself is the only one whom is going to be with YOU during the whole journey, you start to understand, what you really love, do, experience, explore. You find inner peace along the journey, you started to understand more about you, i mean the inner you, deep inside. You start to feel free, feel loose, freedom. Yes, freedom from inner, helps to boost you up.
3. Independent , never stop learning
I've always encourage people to try to do at least ONCE in your life-time for a solo - backpacking. You will gain more than you expected. You learn to be independent because you have no one to be there for you to give you a helping hand. You have to plan your own routes, do your own researches, searching the most affordable desire tickets, accommodations, etc. Is all about learning, independent and you never stop. You learn, how to survive, how to blend in, how to solve problems, how to maintain your budgets, how to communicate, you learn how to make tough decisions, you learn how to be responsible on  your path, your decision and everything. All these, you will never learn from school, from books or even from a group travels. Trust me, i've been there and is priceless. A slogan i love a lot - "Fear is temporary, experience is permanent"
4. Expand your circle
The more you travel, especially when you are on your own, the higher chances you get to know more strangers and these strangers, will inspired you, and even be part of your stories to share to others. Along your journey, you get to meet different people, different culture, different races, different backgrounds, but in fact you all come into ONE just because of TRAVEL. You started to learn about their story, and their stories are going to inspired you a lot. I met a lot along my way, met some whom just quit their 9-5 job, sell off everything, and went on to travel to the unknown, some just leave everything behind and do a 6 months journey, where, the journey extended, some ended their services with the ARMY, and start to do what they have not been or being granted the chances to do in their life, some tried their very first solo backpacking and try to experience, some telling you interesting stories on how they make it here, in front of you, some tell you how far their journey took them to reach, and the stories goes on.
I remembered I once  met two Australian in the hostel at ROME, I asked "How long you going to be in Rome for and when did you arrive?" Their reply :" We just got here this morning and we are leaving tomorrow night!" I was like :"Whoat? Tomorrow? That's rush!what makes you to come to Rome?" I was halfway drinking my beer, and I nearly chocked and I went LOL-ED when they told me :"We were so drunk the other night, and we decided - Let's go to Rome! Then, we just book our tickets, and hey, here we are!" You guys are madly awesome!

"We are given a blank book when we arrive this world, with nothing at all, is on you, on how you going to make the blank book, interesting, I have a dream, which is to see the world, and share you my story and feelings"

No comments:

Post a Comment