Wednesday 22 July 2015

Tandem Skydive - I believe I can fly

Skydive Taupo Main Entrance
One of my bucket list officially V (tick) in February 2013. (Yeap, 2 years ago, time flies huh..)

The destination I chose to experience my flying moment - TAUPO, NEW ZEALAND

Me and my tandem master with the amazing view of LAKE TAUPO, NZ
I booked my slot through online at their website ( HERE ). You do not need to pay any single cents while booking (oh well, you may actually choose to pay in advance if you wish). They will confirm your slot and date you desire via email.

Whats next? They will request you to give them a call about 2 hours before on the day before your jump, due to weather forecast checking. (You won't want to jump out of the plane when there is THOR thunder right?xD). If the weather is bad, they would arrange you to another day or probably fully cancel your jump.

I originally signed myself up for the 12,000ft jump but I changed my mind on the day to 15,000ft after getting tempted by a solo traveler from Germany I met on our way to the center.

Oh wait, if you are staying around Taupo & Rotorua area, you could actually request for free pick-up by a limousine. What? Yea, LIMOUSINE.

I'm going to PROM, a flight to catch 

And not forgetting to introduce you the "death form"

IS THE JUMP COSTLY?
Yes. It is. But is worth for a lifetime. You gotta try once as words can't describe how it actually felt to been thrown out in the 15,000ft above ground. Only those who tried understand.

You can check their price HERE

There two basic options for you to choose: Handy cam and free fall cam. I personally suggest you go for Free Fall Cam.

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES FREE FALL & HANDY CAM?
Free-fall Cam - You go with a master tandem (whom you will be tied to) and additional a camera/video man whom will be filming the whole process of your jump. From suiting up, boarding and off plane. If you want to get the scenery of the whole jump, best you go for Freefall cam, it seems to be like a 360 degree recording view (with GO PRO).

Handy Cam - You go with a master tandem whom will be the person you will be tied to and also the same person whom will be holding the GOPRO on his hand and record you via interviewing you, etc. During the whole jump, the only things that could be seen is your mouth flipping around (goosh, ugly - You just can't close your mouth for the few seconds or minutes till you get used to it because of the wind) and some "On-Air" interviewing.

Some freefall cam - photos:



 IS IT SAFE? IS IT SCARY?

Imagine you are above ground for 15,000ft.
Imagine you need an oxygen to breath with while you are almost reaching 15,000ft.
Imagine you have to slight over yourself towards the opened door of the plane.
Imagine you have NO experience at all.

YES, it is scary. BUT is just for the 5 seconds, after that, everything is more than amazing.

This photo proof everything. HA-HA
Overall, you have no other option once you board the jet. And the best part, you don't even need to jump off by yourself (unlike Bungy jump.. MAN). Someone will be there for you for your entire 5 mins of jump.

Before the jump, they will have a short briefing for you, telling you how things works and the procedures and rules. You will be attached to experience sky-divers (AND HANDSOME TOO). So, don't worry, you will be fine. The more you worry about it, the more you will lose your interest of giving it a try.

The moment I jumped out of the planed (well, actually pushed). I felt like i'm dreaming. I closed my eyes so tight (i'm afraid of heights actually). But somewhere inner me asked me to open up my eyes. The moment I opened, I saw the pink jet I was on, getting further. It was like a dream, turning a full 360 degree, then I saw the amazing LAKE TAUPO panorama view. It was amazingly beautiful. I was stunned, looking at it and started shouting "this is freaking awesome" 

My thoughts floating "Why people would want to jump of the building to suicide while this world is actually beautiful"


A successful jump and big hug to my master
My jump was very smooth, i get very cleared skies on the day with no clouds at all. A very unique experience in my life which I will never forget.

After the jump, they will ask you to wait for a few minutes for them to get your video and photos ready. When it is ready, they will asked you to enter the theater room where they show you your jump videos on the big screen. Is really amazing and till today, whenever I board a flight, I always looked out of the plane window and start flashing back:

"Did all those jump was real? Because it seems like just a dream, a wonderful peaceful dream"

I look freaking ugly with my suit and also my mouth being "dancing" and "flipping" around for my entire jump. But I still would like to share it out to you.

Here, ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment